Helix Tech is a Mobile First startup headquartered out of goa, yes goa!!! Helping Entrepreneurs & Enterprises Build and Manage Next Generation Mobile Experiences rapidly!
We’re a family of young, enthusiastic and positive individuals. We at Helix Tech work smart and party with passion..! From creating something new and letting our thoughts become things, Big things! Innovation is our business & Optimism is our core.
We’ve Recently Launched Helix Tech LABS a product division of the company Having its Focus on the Internet for the Next Billion in growing markets of Southeast Asia. Looking to Build Apps for the New To Net users in areas of healthcare ,Education ,Economic Empowerment & Public Utilities.
We Also look at ourselves as a startup for startups. Working with entrepreneurs helping them validate or scale their idea and understand the right product/market fit, To help to achieve this better we’ve Launched Helix Tech for Startups with its flagship product Helix Swift
Originated With Humble Beginnings in an incubator by two IT grads fresh out of college ,Now close to under 3 years into operations the company has a strong foothold in the area of Mobility and is looking to expand into Wearables , iOT & Machine Learning. Having its HQ in Goa , A Development Centre in bangalore and Business Offices in Istanbul & Hanover and soon to open a Full Fledged Europe Business Head Office in London!
We’ve built a great foundation but we’ve only just begun!
This one’s for a Mobile QA Engineer for both iOS and Android. Naturally, a keen eye for pixel misalignment and other fine visual details is a must. We’re also looking for someone with experience in object-oriented programming languages (Java, Python, Ruby, things like that), mobile app development, and UI test design.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support GIS infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management; Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
SA Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science. (preferable)
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft. (preferable)
- 1+ years system administration experience.(preferable)
- Position deals with a variety of problems and sometime has to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically clear and requires determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best.
- Decisions normally have a noticeable effect department-wide and company-wide, and judgment errors can typically require one to two weeks to correct or reverse.
RESPONSIBILITY/OVERSIGHT –FINANCIAL & SUPERVISORY:
- Functions as a lead worker doing the work similar to those in the work unit; responsibility for training, instruction, setting the work pace, and possibly evaluating performance.
- No budget responsibility.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- No regular travel required.
We take good care of our people, this is what we offer:
- Extremely interesting projects
- Skilled teammates with diverse backgrounds and interests
- Casual and relaxed, yet professional working environment
- Flexible working hours and a steady job
- Career, personal development and more
- Familiar with Scrum methodology and framework
- Good knowledge of English language
- Good leadership and communications skills
- Team work
- Mac computer for Development
- Medical and Accidental Insurance
- Informal work culture
- Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks
- Surprise Parties/ Events
- Screens! - Thunderbolt display monitors for development
- Cool people all around
Click below or Email email@example.com with subject ‘ | Job Application | System Admin’.
See all openings